10 September, 2009

A road less traveled.

Part 2 of 2. On the drive back I decided to visit Bootjack Lake, a lake I used to fish and swim at as a kid. It used to be a secluded little lake, mostly locked up by private land owners that allowed people access via a nasty and scary four wheel drive road. I haven't been back to this lake since I was 16 years old...and that occurrence cost a child hood friend the engine of his first vehicle. Shortly thereafter, the private land owner closed all access and proceeded to sell off parts of his land to developers who sought to make this little lake into a private community.

Fortunately for some, the Fish Wildlife and Parks had brokered public access to the lake some years later and the lake can now be fished by the public. Unfortunately though, the public that seems to use it is a horrible, irresponsible lot. Trash, debris and vandalism are evident virtually everywhere. That, combined with the houses near and around parts of the lake, pretty much turned me off from ever visiting it again.

On the way up to the lake, I nearly ran over this little gal as she hobbled across the road behind her larger sister and mother. I couldn't really tell, but it appeared as if she had been struck by a car in the past...or perhaps got into a tangle with a fence. Either way, her rear left leg was in poor condition, appearing fractured below the knee. Winter or predators will most likely claim her before the year is out. But she was still a beautiful specimen and a good excuse to pull out the camera.




Bootjack Lake



A few more of Something Different

Regardless of the quality, I found this one interesting. I shot it in low resolution and slowed things down just a little bit. Interesting....


It is still an attractive lake, and I wouldn't mind living on it...but for fishing purposes, I would still prefer to sweat and bleed a little first. It makes the fishing much more appreciated when you have to earn it. Surprisingly, I didn't even take the time to string my pole...

1 comment:

Mireille said...

wonder what you could do with my cam...

Post a Comment