04 November, 2009

Life is exactly what its Quacked up to be (1)

It has been several weeks since I have picked up the camera for the sake of just going out and taking a few pictures. With hunting season going full swing, I have neglected doing anything even remotely resembling photography. So...I decided to grab the camera and go for a walk down to the river. As usual, the ducks were everywhere. The lighting left a little to be desired and I still have a heck of a time with this lower level Nikon camera, but I am starting to get the hang of it. My goal? To get ducks being ducks. It turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. Getting random shots of a group of dynamically mobile creatures is a major pain in the hind end. It was fun though!


"I think I got water up my nose"


Posing for the hens.

Posing for the drakes.

I was so disappointed that this photo didn't turn out. I thought about trying to "photoshop" it, but decided to leave it alone. It is still an interesting shot of ducks being ducks...

"You can't see me...I am hiding." This is why the hens are colored the way they are...

This blue eyed devil of a goose was a major annoyance. He kept pecking and hissing at me. Evidently he thought I should feed him?






Ahead by a nose...or in this case...bill?


"Yeah...I know I am good looking. Take more pictures!"

1 comment:

Mireille said...

awesome shots.. beautiful light.. ♥

Post a Comment