18 May, 2009

Liquid Gold

I would have never thought that brewing your own beer could be so much fun. It is a fascinating, time consuming endeavour that really makes you appreciate the labor that goes into providing one of mankind's greatest evils...and one of mankind's greatest creations. I keep forgetting to take pictures of the entire process, but here are a couple of interesting ones that I snapped when I remembered. This is a tribute to Kevin's Brew. Coming soon to a store near you. Umm....or not.
Make Beer, Not Bombs!
There are 52 Bottles of Liquid Perfection in this bottle. This is the second rack (ferment) just prior to bottling. Kinda blurry (the picture, not my eyesight) Haven't sampled it yet. This is Kevin's version of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It does smell like it, but its a bit richer of color then the real thing.


Backlit. Put a lamp shade over it and you would have your mood lighting set to perfection. Kinda cool.

Swinging it from Jug to Pail. Like an idiot, I forgot to photograph the bottling process. Last step...Having the patience to let the bottles cure in a dark cool place for a couple of weeks before tasting. So far so good. I have helped him brew a Pacifico style Cervesas, Full Suspension, Sierra Nevada, and an APA. All have been phenomenal. Can't wait to start my own someday.

Jake. Chillin` after a hard day of playing ball, stealing bits of food at a barbecue and getting underfoot during the bottling fest.
Hopefully I will remember next time to take pictures of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment