08 May, 2009

Utah

A random assortment of Utah pictures. My tenure in the Salt Lake area has shown me that Utah does have a lot to offer regarding a variety of environments, scenery, mountains and just about everything else I need to stay sane. Just about the only draw back I can come up with is in regards to the mass of humanity. I can see more houses from the hill behind the house than there are in all of Montana. Umm....

Woohoo...trees! So far, they seem to be in short supply...

Ahhh snow. On the way to Alta.

Ok, that is a bit too much snow. No where to turn around. I would hate living at the end of this driveway. I like snow...but there are limits?


My oldest niece, Kelsey. I have tried to drag my nieces up the mountain behind the house on numerous occasions. Good exercise. Kacie, 2. Kelsey 1. A little competative blackmail maybe to entice them to the top?

Prickly Pears. I fly some odd 8000 miles to get away from things scratchy and pokey only to find that i must have magnet for all things that make me bleed. I spent hours picking cactus spines out of the dogs.

Maddie. Good ol' dog.

Nice mountains, not so nice population density. Oh...and trees? Ya...nope.

My second niece, Kacie. + Jake + Maddie.

A happy dog. Run Jake Run. Stop Jake Stop. Ok..where did the damn dog go? He is worse then the Energizer Bunny.

Something different.


The first wild flowers of the season. No clue what they are. At first glance I thought they were of the Castilleja family of Indian Paint Brush. No clue. I am so out of practice that they might as well be onions for all I know. They don't quite look like the Paint Brush that I am familiar with.

2 comments:

Mireille said...

finally some time to enjoy your beautiful pictures..
life is still this huge rollercoaster ride but I think were going "up" again..
*hugs*

Moses said...

Up is good. Hope all is well. Enjoy that Dutch Summer! Summer here is looking to be a great one.

Post a Comment