15 August, 2009

New Old Friends, Fishing and a little bit of something else about nothing...

August 15th. Saturday. Another day of fishing. After much cajoling and needling and guilting...I managed to convince a long time childhood friend and her father to go fishing. A good experience, it was. A good fishing experience, it was not. I didn't quite get skunked, but nearly so. I managed to catch one tiny little four inch cut (the smallest fish I have caught all year), spent a lot of time untangling line, dropping things, loosing things and over all behaving like the complete city slicker bumpkin that I had started to become. It was definitely fun though. Along with me for this short journey were Rod Deval, an old family friend and former P.D. of immense renown and his wonderfully great daughter and long time friend of mine, Shanel. Good times and hopefully new fishing/hunting buddies for years to come.





Tying a fly. Shanel, 2. Rob, 2. Kyle 1/2. But still a fun fish.

A head peeking above the rush.




Shanel, not catching fish...but trying to scare them out of the water.


A merganser making wake. The little bugger swam circles around me and my little buck boat.

Not a great shot, but still interesting. A floating foot ball with legs, neck and feet showing balance and flexibility that I have no hope of ever matching.

A look over nothing. It is some of the best nothing out there.

On the drive back down. Just in time to miss the rain.

This was a quick little trip to a lake that I don't remember visiting in the past. It is an area that I have not explored extensively, but intend to spend more time in within the next couple of months. Fun times.

1 comment:

Mireille said...

man the pictures are beautiful!!

Post a Comment