21 January, 2010

More Winter: January 2010

As winter continues, at times I find myself wishing that it will never end. There is something to be said about the sights, smells and the very feel that winter instills in us. Everywhere you look, you see the ravages and harshness of winter...but if you only take the time to look closely, you will be amazed at the delicate and ever changing beauty that the cold creates. Every time I go out I see something different. In finding those things that are different, I find that I am content that in reality that some things never change.

January 21st 2010. Another stunning winter sunset.

January 22nd, 2010. I still haven't gotten tired of these.


Winter Sun over Whitefish Lake.


My good friend Devlin and I went on a brief excursion up Star Meadows and stumbled across this frozen seep. One day its here and the next its gone. Take the time to look and you might be surprised at what you will see.


It is no wonder that my fascination with water also includes ice. It is another example of "one day its here...the next it's gone." If you want to see something cool, get off your butt and go see it. You won't regret it.


Light and Dark and forever in motion. Nothing stays the same, but even things in constant turmoil will never change.


Devlin, someone who enjoys the outdoors as much as I. A good friend.



And that is that as they say. It is easy to forget what you see. A picture might be worth a thousand words but the image is as timeless as the scene it portrays...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic shots, looking forward to the next batch.

Anonymous said...

waiting for the next batch hopefully soon.

Noah said...

Kyle - send me an email...(elvisjong@yahoo.com) - Noah from Taurus.

Post a Comment