04 June, 2009

Starvation Lake

So, I guess I have to officially say that I am back in Whitefish. Its good to be back, and as long as the employment opportunities hold strong, soon to be back in action and getting back to the American Dream.

The photos below consist of my last days of my last month in Utah. My brother-in-law Kevin, my two oldest nieces and I took the opportunity of the good weather and the weekend to go for a short boating trip. Along for the ride was Keshley, Kacie's friend, Jake and Maddie. Location: Starvation Reservoir, Central Utah. This lake is located just east of the Wasatch mountain range in the high desert. The water was cool, the weather was perfect and all in all it turned out to be a fun day on the lake. Here are a couple of photos along the way.




Water! Can you tell that Jake likes water?

After about half an hour of doggy paddling around the boat, chasing splashes and trying to drown his big sister Maddie, Jake decides that its time to climb back in the boat.

Tubing. I guess Jake is the official spotter...

Kelsey, reigning supreme as king of the lake.

Kacie and Keshley. Do you think they are having fun?

More of Kelsey, ripping up the lake

An interesting, but decidedly dead juniper bush in the desert

I found a small gully full of these very soft eroded sandstone boulders. I even managed to drag one back to Montana with me. The joys of being a rock hound...

"Ok, so first you toss me in the back of the truck and drive me for two hours down the road with an obnoxious, hyperactive spaniel named Jake...then you throw me in a boat and drag me all over this great big lake....and then you have the nerve to throw me in that lake (yes it was fun)...and then you take me out into this really hot and dirty and rocky desert (I am black...and its really really hot!)...are we done yet? Can I go home yet?" If only dogs could speak...




"Oh (insert swear word here)! "

"OH (insert many more swear words here!)" First you say it...then you do it. And people wonder why I don't get on those silly things...

"That was fun! I think I even got water behind my eye balls"

Can we say white? Yes that's me. Yes I am out of shape. Yes I am white. Yes I got sunburned. Yes it was fun!

Hairy! You can hardly tell that Kevin just spent the last 10 days in the Caribbean...


Thunderstorm brewing in the background. This was the end of the trip. Lightening and boaters do not get along.

1 comment:

Mireille said...

*sigh*
almost like vacation =)
Gorgeous..
and the dog...
=)))))))))))))))

Post a Comment